Woodworking is a core industry, which has been using SIKO products since decades for scanning position and angle. Common applications include:
- Length measurement or angle measurement on saw benches
- Determination of the parallel limit stop of panel saws
- Angle adjustment and format adjustment on buzz saws
- Position determination on drilling centers
- Position measurement on hanging saws/run saws
- Great range of solutions for length acquisition and angle acquisition
- Direct display of position values on the machine
- Wear-free and low-maintenance
- Insensitive to dust, shavings, and humidity
- Easy mounting and handling
- Battery service lives up to 10 years in magnetic displays
Edge grinding machines
Edge grinding machines serve to treat surfaces of wood edges and veneer edges. The objective is to improve the surface quality of the edges. For this purpose, workpieces of different sizes are machined with an endless polishing belt on grinding machines. The workpieces must be positioned vertically and horizontally. SIKO's magnetic displays feed back the current position directly on-site.
Length measurement and angle measurement on saw benches and panel saws
In woodworking, wood pieces are cut to the required lengths on saw benches or on panel saws.
Easy and direct reading of length positioning and angle positioning of workpiece and / or saw blade facilitates the job of the machine operator. Thus, the parallel limit stop of panel saws can be determined by means of magnetic sensors for example. The position of the limit stop or sensor is indicated directly on the user terminal.
Flexible drilling centers or jig boring machines
Flexible drilling systems are an important field of woodworking. They are used for automated drilling on a wide range of different workpieces. The drill template is CNC-programmed in advance. SIKO magnetic sensors support the exact positioning of the drillheads in x, y, and z directions. Freedom from wear and low maintenance requirement are convincing features of the contactless measurement system.
Overhead hanging-running saws
For working large wooden boards, hanging saws and running saws with travel ranges of several meters are used. The saws run on two parallel rails in order to approach the correct sawing position for instance in assembling shops. Magnetic sensors monitor the position in longitudinal direction and horizontal direction. A convincing feature of the SIKO magnetic sensors among others is a high reading distance of up to 20 mm.